2022年5月07日, 星期六
  0 Replies
  588 Visits
Help.jpg

发生之前,你是什么样子?感受是什么?
Before
过去三年,我一直在一个小学学校里面工作。
我自己大学里的专业是土木工程。没有相关的教学经历。
因此,在教学过程中,常常不知道如何帮学生解决他们遇到的问题。学生们的学业没有很好的进步(困难),自己也会觉得很受挫。这个问题一直持续,就感觉整个人被Burn out, exhausted, helpless.

Three year ago, I worked in an elementary school as an ESL teacher.
To be honest, my undergraduate major was civil engineering and I didn’t receive any professional training about teaching.

Thus, I was quite confused from time to time, not knowing how to solve problems for my students and they didn’t make much progress, which made me quite stressful and frustrated. I tried every way I could, but still nothing changed.
In the end, seriously, I even developed chronic depression, feeling so burned out and helpless all the time.

转折点,事情发生(Trigger):
在网上开始搜索如何提升教学方法
咨询了一个在美国读书的中国牧师,我的一个很好的朋友
他推荐了我现在的学校 Wheaton college
于是,在去年决定申请去美国读教学类的研究生。
One day, I told myself that I had to figure it out.
Then I started to search how to improve my teaching skills on the internet.
At the same time, I consulted a pastor who is also a good friend of mine. He suggested me to further my study at Wheaton college where I can receive my professional training in teaching.

It really blew my mind.

Last year, I decided to apply Wheaton, luckily enough, I got admission after turning in all my documents. I was so happy to be able to have this chance to further my education at abroad.

发生之后,你是什么样子?感受是什么?
After
我来了美国学习之后,接触到了很好的老师,学到了教学的原理和方法。
也观摩了美国的课堂,采访了美国的老师,最近也在实习。
自己的教学体系被逐渐建立起来了。
我也与很多的aha moment, 知道以前遇到的教学问题应该怎么解决了。
现在感觉自己是对教学方面会更加地自信。
现在更加迫不及待地想要把这些学到的知识和经验用在自己的课堂了。
After starting to study at Wheaton College, I met very experienced professors who taught me tons of teaching theories and principles. Other than that, I got chance to observe the American classrooms, interviewed some ESL Instructors, and did my internship with them as well.
Now I find that my teaching philosophy is molding and building by all these experiences. Frankly, there are a lot of aha moments that I realize how to solve problems I encountered before.
In the meanwhile, I am more confident in teaching and cannot wait to apply whatever I have learned here into my future classroom.

学习到了什么Lessons(Generalize)?
在任何的领域,我应该接受专业的学习和培训,这样可以帮助我更快地解决遇到的问题。
The most important lesson I learned is that if I want to solve a problem in any field, I need to receive professional training from those who are experts in that field.
当前帖子还没有回复。
现在第一个回复此贴吧!

Most Recent Discussions

雅思写作7分技能2_段落模版_免费课打卡Day 4
回复
创建于:2021年2月26日, 星期五
Day 4 讨论问题: - A 和 A-C的 本质区别是什么? - 技能2 自我纠错表格, 哪个题,给你印象最深,分享答案 (一定要写出来C的具体内 ...
打卡DAY2
回复
创建于:2023年4月01日, 星期六
1. 之前从没想到过技能3,感觉自己一段都在说一个事情大差不差都会是在一个话题上,但是听Lynn老师讲后发现自己之前理解的话题和技能3中的对应词是有区别的 2 ...
有关9个语法结构中例句的问题
回复
创建于:2023年3月30日, 星期四
大家好,我在9个语法结构中看到一个例句有点疑惑。 想请问大家一下,“That is the best way for them to get a clear ...
苹果电脑怎么看免费课程 跪求指导啊
回复
创建于:2023年3月19日, 星期日
真的找不到视频链接啊。。。手机倒是能找到,苹果电脑真的找不到入口啊视频链接 拜托教教我吧 5.27要考试了

自学课程

Most Likes Discussions